View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
chuckg
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 168
Result Oct 2 FL race 5

Never Involved...
The Horse got paid $540 today for jogging in fourth, 16 lengths behind.

Name:  oct 2 fl 3 result.jpg
Views: 3148
Size:  32.9 KB

Normally a good in the money candidate, the horse I chose listed 7 Shows and 1 Place out of its last 10 races.

It would have paid $15.60 to win. If it actually ran hard today it may or may not have had a chance. That is why I bet it to Place. Regardless of what this particular horse did, the race itself fits a pattern - High Priced Counter Energy in a Short Field.

Name:  short field.jpg
Views: 3008
Size:  49.8 KB

In short fields the obvious earlies get bet down to pennies. In this race we had two at even money. If I see this same pattern again I will make the same bet. One win would cover seven losses and I'd still have a slight profit.
chuckg is offline   Reply With Quote