View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl45 View Post
I have question:
what differences would arise in using raw or adjusted times.
Raw is raw - original paceline distances, original call times and beaten lengths.

Adjusted lines would all be projected/extracted to today's race distance (using RDSS' formulas for extracting sprints from routes, and projecting sprints to routes). At your option, Daily Track Variant and Inter Track Variant are also incorporated (or omitted). A surface adjustment is also applied. So, when the data hits Synergism, it's as if the lines were all at today's distance, all on today's surface, all from the same track and all run over the same relative track surface speed (i.e. the effect of normalizing DTV).

You would simply choose to use RDSS variant set and adjustments (supplied by Trackmaster/Equibase), or do without them.

I'm still trying to understand the effect of the 3 Year Best time component: whether we absolutely need the DRF figure, or whether some other 'par' figure as long as it is consistently applied, is just as functional. Certainly the user can enter a 3 year best figure in RDSS before export (which could be saved) - OR, if these are already saved in the Syner3.par file, RDSS can read that file and extract that time par adn send it in the SYN2 file export. SYN3 already requires that file (and it needs to be accurate, and updated for new track codes), so no reason not to make use of it for the SYN2 file export.

My understanding so far ...

Hope that helps.
Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote