Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentRun
Thanks for your response,
which does not alter the question for me which is..........
How does the program that you and Bill used specifically compute Total Energy ????
As I understand RDSS simply computes Total Energy = F1 + F2 +F3.
Using the data for Horse 15 (2nd panel below)) TE = 56.9 + 54.6 + 53.8 = 165.3 (RDSS shows 165.2 which may result from rounding)
Your program resulted in TE = 159.xx (Siginificant Difference). This was critical for the Derby as your program correclty eliminated the 11 & 15 horses from contention.
So now I am not comfortable with this situation.
Ernie
|
ENERGY is a SARTIN program.
I doubt that it computes TE in any other way.
If you looked at the last race I posted for the 11, 15 an 19, I think it is clear that the 11 and 15 were much slower off their last race,
150.4 for the 11 & 15 vs.
147.4 for the 19, all at 9 furlongs. A full 3 seconds slower.
You know, I download races every day and things get calculated "automatically" by my program, but I'm real glad that I got started with all this back in the days when it DIDN'T happen automatically. In those days you had no choice but to look as you manually entered pacelines and chose an ESP for each runner. You learned to see more than most people do today. It's a habit that has stayed with me.
Anyway, I hope this helps.