|
1) Do you matchup using only raw pps?
Yes
2) Do you use software to help you match?
No
3) Do you project a pace? If so how?
I look at a recent line, similar track/surface/distance, preferably the last line, where one of my early horses was on the lead.
In a race with no earlies, I will either use FPLR, or the pace from a horse who was up-close at 1C and 2C.
4) Do you follow Hat's 5 step approach?
If I am matching a race thoroughly then yes I do. If I am quickly looking for spot plays, I may not follow it all the way through.
5) Do you work 1 or 2 tracks at most or do you multi-track looking for plays?
I usually match the full card for two tracks. At times I will also look for spot plays at other tracks.
6) Do you set days back restrictions on how far back in the pps to go looking to evaluate runners(if yes how many please)? Do you consider the ENTIRE pps of the horse?
I am not strict about this, although at times I may eliminate a horse because of a layoff. I am open to considering all the PP’s for a horse when the recent races justify it.
7) Do you focus and evaluate the horse coming out of the FPLR(fastest pace last race) in EVERY race worked? Do you know how to find the FPLR?Yes, although I tend to drift away from this at times until I usually miss something and get back on track.
8) Do you have a SURFACE preference(dirt,poly,turf) and or distance structure (sprint,route) that you focus on when matching races?
In general I prefer dirt to poly, but I feel comfortable enough with poly at GG, HOL and to some extent DMR. I love turf races too. I might have a slight preference to sprints, but not a huge one.
9) Do you "SPOT PLAY" certain race types?
Yes. Mostly the ones you’ve taught here Rich. I also occasionally find a sprint to route spot play from the Match-Up book.
10) Do you "pick" a winner then stick with him as the ONLY consideration or do you get a final "mix" of 2-3 contenders and look for value to make a WIN bet?
When I actually bet match-up races it is a single horse only.
11) With "E" runners do you pay attention to those who are "FIGHTERS"?
Absolutely yes!
12) Do you keep records of ANY kind beside wagering ones? If yes which ones please
I just keep win rates of my picks and bets by spot play category.
13) How much time a week do you devote to matching races? Approximate
Of actually matching races, I'd guess I'm in the 4 to 6 hour range per week.
14) Do you break down a race into "Early" or "Other than Early" groupings?
Yes
|