Hi Melvin
Your original question "Whats the best way "
I don't know what will be best for you or anybody else .
I asked if you could give a race example but the race you put up
was too long ago and I wanted to show a race with rdss
i like this method. I will use Partsnuts TUP race 2 race as we all ready
have the chart posted
Is this race set up for a early or late horse ? As you asked, Looking at all
7 horses will get you a lot of different ideas but many are nothing but EARLY
The best thing to do is use a sound pace line /contender selection method
From The Howard Sartin manual The Dynamics
of Incremental Velocity Page 16-17
Pacelines
"Appropriate Pace Line selection is essential to success in utilizing the Dynamics
of Incremental Velocity. I say appropriate rather than right or wrong because they
are morality terms.
Appropriate means a line that represents a contender's true ability and running
style when IN FORM. It should be a line where it ran competitively against the kind
of horses it will face today.
Since this work is an overview of the subject at hand, we will not go into detail
in the manner ofpaceline selection. I will, however,offer some guide lines
1. Avoid using a horse's BEST line unless it was RECENT ( within 40 days)
2. Avoid using lines from Maiden Wins unless todays race is carded for
Non-Winners of one except maiden or claiming
3. Never use a truly BAD paceline.You're totally defeating the purpose of
handicapping which is to select winners
4. DO NOT USE TROUBLE LINES
5. Let a horses AVERAGE PURSE VALUE and or Class Factor determine how far back
you go for a line.
6. The concept of last race recency of a line is exaggerated
Looking at a sequence of 1000 races that we actually won, our average pace line used
was 2.35 This simply means the average was closest to the 2nd race back, but often
it was the 3rd race back. The last race was used 42% of the time. Learning to select
the proper paceline is an art that comes only with practice. Doing it over and over
is by far the best means of mastering the procedure"
Now lets look at the PP's
I have marked my lines and contenders
look for the note pad comments =They usually can help me explain things
first are the conditions and APV /Class ratings
and M/L
next here Are the TPR and Early Late readouts for all 7 horses together
This way we can check the EPR and LPR readouts all at once

Now the pp's and line selections