|
A needle in a haystack
If someone approached me asking for a needle, I would never point them to a haystack and tell them "there's one over there in that haystack".
Instead, I would tell them where there is a store that sells every kind of needle known to man and that I am sure they could find the needle they were looking for there.
Naturally, the "needle" in that scenario represents a "winner". The "haystack" represents every, let me say, "unusual" way to try and find a winner.
I have always found that staying with "the basics" leads to the most winners. Yes, even those larger payoffs everyone so desperately searches for. They're there. All you have to do is wait for them. There is no need to dive into the haystack.
__________________
"It's suppose to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
|