View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
I corrected a few things and re-ran the KY Derby for EL 2.0 purposes. Here's what I got:

Name:  KD ELb.png
Views: 184
Size:  66.0 KB

Based on the TrackMaster numbers shown - and the (default) rules we have to work with, does anyone think the 2 Early and 2 Late selections are incorrect? If not, I'll post this publicly. At this point, just trying to get the software to perform consistently!

Reasoning:

In this race, the POR is the 106 of Uncle Mo, which is NOT 12 SR points higher than the next highest Low (95 of Comma to the Top). But using 106 as POR results in NO other horses Hi SR qualifying. So we take the next highest Hi SR of Mucho Macho Man (MMM) (102) and this gives us 2 Early contenders.

OR - we could say that Uncle Mo's 11 SR point superiority over next best Low SR - Comma to the Top (95) is close enough to 12 points, and then use the Hi SR of the #1 ranked E% horse (Comma to The Top's 100) and thus make the POR 100. This qualifies a bunch more Early horses, but the same 2 Earlies are still the top 2 ranked Hi: Uncle Mo and MMM. Am I right?


I appreciate that other handicapping may come up with other contenders. Just haven't got that far yet!

Thanks,

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-05-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote