Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlesnake
Hi B,
There were 6 winners in that 3 day span that we consider R/R but were below the 63% throwouts ...and there are 2 winners that were above 63% in that same span...19Apr 2nd along with 17Apr 3rd.. that won at a short price who were above the threshold...
|
Hi Snake,
What I'm trying to do is distinguish between races won by the RR, with no other 'support' (i.e. not also E1 or E2) which all but one of the RR winners, Race 4 on 4/17, had. I think this is what Bill might have been referring to, when he said that the RR horse didn't win much at MNR. For my own interest, I'm curious as to whether the tendency for a horse to be early, without any accompanying 'ability' has value in itself. The answer so far seems to be, 'not much'.
If I'm understanding this correctly, the RR only becomes a 'contender' when his percentage is over 62%.
Cheers,
B. Jennet