View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
barb craven
Grade 1
 
barb craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bobcaygeon,On,Canada
Posts: 1,316
I agree. I suppose I should have included the demographics when I spoke. The reason our groups started was because of a 14 year old girl who loved horses and the track so much she got her dad pestered her dad to take her to Woodbine. He is the one who started the first of our groups so he could try to underswtand what it was all about and get her some help. They now go to Woodbine both days every weekend. Her ambition is to become a jockey when she is older and she is eager to start working around the barns as soon as she is old enough.
Our combined groups also include 4 people in their 40's as well as us 'older' folks. There are a lot of betting days left in these people.
__________________
Listen...Learn...Stay Safe.
barb craven is offline   Reply With Quote