Thread: Brohammer's MPH
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #10
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Dick,

Thanks for posting those screenshots and for making the case for a fuller MPH compatibility. Shoot me an email and perhaps you can give me a bit more orientation about what's going on there and also how it diverges from or provides more info than provided by Spec or Val (or RDSS). Of course, you can also do that here on the Forums if you're interested.

I suspect there will be some redundancy with a few screen reorganizations I'm working on which show 2nd Call/Final Time for both the race leader and the horse in question (aka POR vs POH). Also, TrackMaster provides a Pace figure to match its Final Time Speed Figure which will make a debut in 2.0, FWIW. But I think we could benefit from being in synch with the usefulness of a tried and true program like MPH. Whether the resulting figs would be identical to those produced by MPH is debatable, but the relative ranks and differentials should be similar.

As always, my reasoning for providing more of the 'older' screens (e.g. Energy, Kgen, Phase III, TPR) is NOT because I feel we're lacking good Analysis now - but rather because folks are comfortable and familiar with some styles of presentation and those styles are a good place to start to explore (and contrast to) the core readouts we already have.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote