|
Dick, my intentions were more modest: since RDSS does not now include the main Phase III readouts of EP, SP AP, %E, I was going to include a Phase III/MPH screen to display them. I intended to adjust them, or not adjust them, according to existing Configuration settings (e.g. using TrackMaster DTV and ITVs). I felt I could recreate the line score and Oddsline.
So far, I was not intending to replicate Quirin Pace and Speed Ratings, but...
TrackMaster put it to me that they have many MPH users (what, maybe a dozen...) who wanted a Windows version. They didn't specify whether those users were enamoured of the Phase III factor array or the Quirin Pace and Speed figs, and the former is fairly easy to produce.
Jim, automated paceline selection is intended to be a general aspect of RDSS 2.0.
Don't worry about screen proliferation: I intend to simplify a lot of the existing screens, while permitting users to configure the displays to range from 'spare' to 'the whole enchilada' (enough data to stuff a duck, and confuse yourself into paralysis if you're not careful...).
I see it primarily as a migration path for those folks familiar with MPH/Phase III, but who might be interested in what came after. If by comparison it can be shown to have independent or situational value, well then so much the better. But I am somewhat skeptical.
Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™
Last edited by Ted Craven; 05-28-2010 at 10:45 PM.
|