|
One thing I meant to add in my last reply to Mr. J2EE (but forgot), is that I have several times over the past 6 months contemplated simply removing RDSS from general availability to new users, due to the fact that the educational materials and current state of the program were not all I wished they were, or had time to make them, given my concentration on rewriting the whole program. Early in 2009, in my design plan, I though about 50% rewrite was what was going to happen. The more I rewrote, the more I found I needed to. RDSS 2.0 will probably be about 80%+ new code, largely self-documenting, but at least significantly different enough from the current version that I have felt loath to offer more tutorials or promotion.
Soon enough, I'll start discussing the range of new or improved aspects, along with screenshots and videos and requests for commentary on approach. (Don't worry - it will produce the same or better numbers and at least be configurable to look like the current one does). But I have fretted about people thinking that what RDSS currently is - is all there will ever be (memory problems, crashes, no printouts, models, automation, Result Charts, etc), and that's not the case by miles. It's the reason I resist TrackMaster's bugging me to advertise more, or Mike's at PaceAdvantage.
Should I just take it down for the time being?
Ted
__________________
RDSS - Racing Decision Support System™
|