View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
tfm
Former member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,136
I just CRUSHED a race today. I had a win bet on a $28 horse and I hit the exacta, $230, with a 2 horse box. So,that would be > 55:1 on the exacta.
A few weeks ago, I also CRUSHED a 2 number $150 exacta. That would be
> 35:1. These are examples of CRUSHES. To CRUSH means you actually have an OPINION on a race and you bet your balls. The lesser the number of combos, the stronger the opinion, and the MORE you can bet.

Playing 20 combos or so is indicative of not having an opinion and having to settle for a 3:1 return sort of bears that out. I don't take 3:1 on a win bet. And if I did, even though it'd show that at least I had an opinion and the balls to bet a single horse, I certainly wouldn't consider it a crush.

Just trying to get clear on terminology here.
tfm is offline   Reply With Quote