Thread: Wipe-Outs
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #20
For The Lead
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfm View Post
How would Tim know? Last time we 'hooked' up he incorrectly identified a selection I had made as a 'hanger'. The horse won and paid $18. Here's someone picking 4 to 5 horses each race. Sounds like a man with an opinion.

He, and probably everyone here other than Richie, has no idea what I'm doing or what this angle really is. Looking at INDIVIDUAL running lines is not the best way to get the BIG PICTURE. This thread is just one way to try to get this point across.

We're only two days in. We have quite a while to go.
“How” Tim Y knows really wasn’t relevant to me. The point was simply that his opinion and my opinion were the same, however, I gave a handicapping reason for my opinion rather than a baseball analogy.
Initially my inquiry was in an effort to learn what a “wipe out” horse was. In over 40 years of handicapping I had never seen that terminology until some recent postings here. If your response to my inquiry was not complete, then I apologize for a premature observation. Perhaps a clearer and more detailed response would lead to a different conclusion.
I have seen hundreds of spot plays that produced a profit over 5,000 trials(most don’t even make it that far), only to see that same spot play completely fall apart over the next 5,000 trials, to the point where the total of the 10,000 trials were negative and never recovered again.
So do you have a long way to go? I would say ‘yes’. And good luck to you.
__________________
"It's suppose to be hard. If it was easy, everybody would do it." Jimmy Dugan, A League of Their Own
For The Lead is offline   Reply With Quote