View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
More Model Templates

Here's an abbreviated Excel Model template I made, inspired by Charles' (clore1030) simple but effective layout focusing on the Primary Factors and BL/BL, in his post about OpenOffice here: http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...91&postcount=6

A Shorter Model Template:
MasterTemplate1.xls

Guess what: it's the same template as the original Master Template one supplied with the RDSS update, except I hid some columns. You can copy and paste to it from the RDSS export just like the original. Study the column headers to see which column letters are missing (hidden), e.g. G, H, I and you can create similar ones to suit your needs. Just keep the remaining columns in the same order if you want to copy and paste from the RDSS export file.

Name:  small.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  17.9 KB

I modified some of the descriptive headers to more suit the remaining visible columns. I didn't add Charles' formulas, but that's just a few formulas from Excel formula masters (who I hope will help out )

Now, I acknowledge that at least part of Charles' point about manual entry was the 'kinesthetic' effect of doing the manual entry yourself (and not that I want to take away that last bastion of hand entry...) - you get to own the information more, let it sink in, let the connection be reinforced between the particular ranks of factors and the resulting (sometimes neuro-chemically charged boxcar) mutuels as you type them character by character. I only offer this as an alternative to the over-kill original, and to show that you can create (almost) endless customized models which still are amenable to automated export/import from RDSS.

BTW, I did take the liberty of leaving 1 or 2 factors I consider important, which were not on Charles' sheet (Total Energy and V/DC), but feel free to hide those too (though I would not recommend it). And you really need the E/L Difference (IMO), so also feel free to dig in and find out how to Unhide that one (hint: start by Unhiding columns between AR and BX...).

Cheers,

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline