View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 12:52 PM   #17
Bill Lyster
Grade 1
 
Bill Lyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Posts: 2,498
Mike:

I think from your posts that you understand it. What I finally got was the questions to ask starting at the break. What time, what lead, what comfort level, etc. Now I spend a lot of time setting up the early pace, one that is reasonable and not too fast.

The Hat word document has many examples and repeats several steps across many different races for the same application or concept. It takes awhile to work the examples, so prepare for some hard work

Last night I read some more, so now I am concentrating on looking at who inherits a lead that has been given up, to see if the comfort zone of the new leader exists or whether that horse freaks and gets passed by deeper closers.

This document is over 600 pages long, so don't try assimilating it in one sitting. Grab a beer or some vino and just ponder a lesson or two at a time.


Bill
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote