View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:39 AM   #11
Houndog
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,258
I'll Take It Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Hmmm...

let do a little math here...

say..bet 10 races...

say..bet 2 horse @$10 each per race= $200

say ...get 7 winners @ $8.40 avg

say..collect $42.00 x 7= $294

ROI = 294/200= 1.47

47% return...

I'll take that

How can we get back to these results?

mike
Mike I would take that also. The one problem that I see is that in the earlier days of the Sartin Methodology horses that were paying $8.00 to $10.00 are now paying $6.00 to $8.00 or perhaps less.

I think one of the reasons that Bill alluded to is the internet and all the information that is available to the handicapper. When Pirco was perhaps the only game in town we had distinct advantages over the "Speed Guys".

With simulcasting we are no longer competing with just the local handicappers; but people from all over the country who many times are working with similiar numbers. I think many of the more casual players have moved to the gambling boats and other areas.
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote