View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Another use for Importing previous race cards which I make use of (I back up all my computers, a couple of times per day... ask me why), is if you have an unlimited download account and you like to have ALL the race cards (e.g. 'cause you're a collector), but you don't work EVERY card every day.

I download all cards every day, but work relatively few of them, so I normally only Download but do not Convert the cards I download. If I need to work a card, then I Convert just that one or ones I need. If the card(s) I wish to Convert are no longer currently available from the TrackMaster server, THEN I go back to my race card archive and Import the older ones I want. For example, that's how I got last year's Kentucky Derby card into the sample database distributed in the current RDSS version.

I really wish that the Data Centre race card display mechanism showed a merged view of BOTH what is currently available for download from TrackMaster AND what is available from my own archive. AND what Result Charts are available . And so it will...

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™