View Single Post
Old 04-12-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Blbl

Hi Jim
sort of but not what it seems

The one thing I have tried to do since I started with PL4
is dedicate myself to one program at a time. I have worked hard to avoid
comparing programs or readouts. When I use any program I focus on it
only. What I meant in my above post is, at first I didn't want to look at
or work with spec mode. I looked at Val 4 because thats is what
Doc wanted me to use. I only decided to look at Spec after
I knew Doc was working with Ted on RDSS
If Ted or Doc said anything bad about Spec I would never look at it.
Since that was not the case and since both Guy Wadsworth and
Ted told me the same thing, As for as I can make out from there reasoning, is that the calculations were based on a slightly different value of beaten lenghts. These different values make for a truer readout with horses that are extractions and projections Do I kow this is the case?, No but If I think it does a better job I will bet more confidently
Thats the reason I use Spec For me it is psychological and since Doc didn't object to the Spec mode I figured to use it.

Bill
Bill V. is offline