Thread: Gene Garcia
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #1
Bill V.
The egg man
 
Bill V.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Carlsbad, California
Posts: 10,005
Gene Garcia

"Bill Your not the person who walks into the track
The real person you are is the person who walks out "

Gene was my first friend at the Meadowland

Just a nice man who I met at the gate each Saturday morning
Either Gene or I would be the first in line to get into the Meadowlands
at the West end gate

Gene would always ask me who I liked in the first race at Philly
Gene played the New York tracks but since Philly always started first
He like to bet the first race only at Philly Park

I gave Gene many winners over the years

Gene and I were close friends
Gene passed away recently

I wonder if every once in a awhile you could just give my good
friend at thought.
For me the first race at Philadelphia Park will always be for
Gene Garcia


The west end gate at the Meadowland
rest in peace Gene
Attached Images
 
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote