Thread: Win & Place
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
clore1030
Grade 1
 
clore1030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by alydar_David View Post
I usually bet to win. Sometimes one horse. Sometimes two. Rarely three.

From time to time I'll add a place and/or show bet on a longshot.

Today in Turfway Park's third race I had the unusual situation of betting two horses to win and place, neither of which was my top choice.

Lo and behold one of them ran second. I made money. I'm happy about that.

Ironically, the other horse ran third.

The horse I thought would win the race, did in fact win.

So, I wound up leaving the trifecta on the table.

Nothing like experiencing agony & ecstasy in the same race!

Race: 3 Win Place Show
1st 6 Hamilton Lewis (BRZ) 6.40 4.40 2.80
2nd 5 Seeking Larry 22.20 10.60
3rd 2 Just You and I Kid 5.60
4th 7 Johnny Sunshine
$2 D/Double 11/6 11.40
$2 Exacta 6-5 96.40
$2 Trifecta 6-5-2 847.00
A few weeks ago, I had a 70/1 shot that I liked enough to make a very rare W/P bet on instead of playing two horses to win.

Even with two of the top three betting choices ahead of him, it paid $18.60 to show as it was beaten by a nostril for second.
clore1030 is offline   Reply With Quote