Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven
Jim,
Did you have the '"disrespect Curlin setting" turned on? (Just kidding  ).
Do you mean in Saturday's BC Classic race only, or also in some of his previous races? If the former - well, Go Between and Tiago have some great energy disbursement numbers, though Curlin did all his work against better competition, IMO, and is way more consistent (in the win column). His lower ranking wouldn't necessarily stop me from betting on him if I were to bet one horse, which I seldom do.
If you meant Curlin's previous races, sorry I didn't work them all, and of the few I did, I don't really recall where he ranked on the main readouts. Surely top 3 at least!?
Ted
|
Both Ted.. If I recall he didn't rank too highly last time and his SR numbers don't give him his due as the best horse in the country.. Don't get me wrong I am not dissing Spec as it finds bombs on a consistent basis. I handicapped Fridays Card and Good Gawd is it pointing to some juicy scores (top 2 BL/BL). If history is any indicator at least one of those bombs will score and 1 could very well make the weekend... As far as Curlin goes, he is an obvious include in my exotics on top but offers no value as a win.. One thing I have noticed this OSA meet. Nearly all winners have previously won on a synthetic surface and those that have won first time synthetic have fired a synthetic bullet.. Curlin does not meet those conditions. One caveat is I haven't watched too closely the last week as I am getting ready for the cup. May the Horse be with you this weekend.