View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
RichieP
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,019
Shoeless/Raw matching with Rdss

What follows is very cool and Jeff has asked me to post:

I wanted to show him exactly what I did when I used RDSS to raw match using the colors and the entire pp's.Exactly.

For myself I stressed the vital importance of only working races where an actual early style horse is used to project a 1c-2c pace ON THE LEAD. He saw I was very serious when at the end we only worked TWO races on the entire card (1 and 8).

So yesterday he downloaded the CT card for last night. We spent 90 minutes doing ONE race (the 1st). I showed him all the various screens and what they meant (stuff I did not know I told him so). Then we set up a beautiful proj pace that we worked the race around. We had FUN while doing this also talking about our moms and other stuff. It was VERY relaxed and comfortable.

I told him when we match right using pace lines that match our proj pace virually ALL winners will be in the top 3 total energy. fast horses win races. Period. Only exceptions are races where there are extreme positional matchup biases. Say 4 pure early and one sustained. Or the opposite 1 pure early and 4-5 sustained.

We got race 1 down to 3,4,8 with the 3,8 being "E" and the 4 a "P"(Shoe's designations!! Very good work btw). I had to run out but when I returned an email saying he liked the #4 in the matchup after checking the segments screen and positional styles we had made. This was before the race and he said he was putting 2 bucks on him. Result was the #4 winning and paying Jeff $13.20.

The first screenshot shows HIS lines used. Because the race winner was determined to be O.T.E. by Jeff (lone fast presser vs. 2 earlies)the Segments screen f3+Total pace readout factored STRONGLY in the final decision on WHO to bet. There was Shoe's winner ranked FIRST.

Now here is the really cool part.

I rang him up around the 4th race and told him to look at race 8 as I had seen a potential "go" with an early runner. HE took the lead and all I did with him was kinda supervise his selection of the early runner and the proj pace. Then I asked him to consider working the race alone using what we had done and see if anything hit him. I reminded him the POWER of FOCUSING on the top 3 total energy horses as final contenders for WIN and then using the various screens to help see if a clear bet exists. I also told him it is FINE to PASS a race he was unsure of.

Don't know what he did after he projected that pace as I was out for the night. What I do know is I received an email BEFORE the race ran saying
"Richie,Race 8 I'm coming up with 2,8,4 ". That is copied right from the email and as you see he listed them in HIS order.

2nd screen shot shows the result chart.

Most pleasing result on the ONLY 2 races on the card worth even looking at as far as having a solid early horse to proj pace from. PATIENCE baby patience.

Let me say something quick. Jeff is EXTREMELY knowledgeable with contenders/trainers on the CT circuit and USED this to help him throw out the #5 in race 1. Far as I see this is what you are supposed to do. Use the program/concepts to HELP you rather than being a slave to it.

Jeff also took the time to speak with my Mom for quite a while. I'll stop here please as Mom is very lonely. Thank you big bro.

Jeff you made me proud and as you see there is more than 1 way to skin the wagering cat

God Bless
Richie
Attached Images
   
__________________
"Grampy I'm talking to you!"

Last edited by RichieP; 09-06-2008 at 09:22 AM.
RichieP is offline