Thread: Thorovision
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2008, 10:42 AM   #7
lsosa54
Grade 1

Good post, Mike, well said. Could you expound a bit on what you've found to be your most playable type race and/or track with TPR's? I really haven't used them in years.

What I've found, as an example, 2 entries from the same track, one from a 7f first sprint, the other from a 6f. Both have about the same speed rating (Beyer, BRIS, TSN, whatever) but the raw times are different enough that the drf variant adjustment still leaves them with far different tpr's, the 6f line having a much higher one, while they both may have an equal chance of winning.

My issues tend to be less with track to track adjustments (I don't really make track class adjustments - I either use the horse or not) than with the variance in tpr's given off by different distances based on raw times, that a drf variant adjustment doesn't seem to compensate for.

Don't know if I've been too clear here, but I'll post an example from Smart Hit's pp's. Last line and 5 back, same exact drf variant and BRIS SR, but the 7f line comes out a few points lower, even with a higher drf sr.

Thanks much. Lou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKE1121 View Post
With this simple program I KNOW which races to AVOID ( the program will not get the winner ) and now which races to go after ( crush them ).

Last edited by lsosa54; 08-25-2008 at 09:26 PM.
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote