|
Think The Match Up Doesn't Work In Small Field?
I continue to mainly lurk and study, but this was one from yesterday. Explain to me how the winner pays $30?! I could make a "non matchup" case for the horse but I'm really trying to wipe all that stuff from my mind.
Why did the horse have long odds? Eurton is a real solid claiming/allowance trainer but typically doesn't run much on the turf, although these are his main owners. Quinonez is not one of the better known jocks. The last few speed ratings aren't tops in the field. The other trainers in the race are well known and have higher win percentages on the turf.
Check out the race 2 back - a nice race at this track and distance. Now match up power lines - 6 back it ran very competitively against the FASTEST pace of race of any horse in the field - 22 44.4 109, with a nice power move between the 2nd call and stretch, at a mile at this track.
Even though Whilly looks a bit off form, I didn't think Warrior Song would be able to do what he did 2 back at this track & distance.
I'll attach the TSN pp's and Equibase free results charts.
Still learning...............
Last edited by lsosa54; 08-25-2008 at 09:23 PM.
|