View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #6
mufasa
Grade 1
 
mufasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
(Sorry, I deleted an initial reply on this).

Bill,

If Doc was referring to the DRF SR back in the day, that sounds something like 'within 4 seconds (20 fifths) of the 3 year best track record', which would be 100. I don't recall whether his comments also referred to any DTV adjustment, so I'm not sure at the moment if I have any light to shed on comparable use of Val/Spec/RDSS use of TrackMaster SRs: whether raw TM-SR, TM-SR less DTV, or the software computed SR.

I tend to let Total Energy or Perceptor I for any paceline be a guide for whether it's a candidate to represent the horse today, subject to things like: not absolutely the very best ever and never repeated, current form, demonstrable energy biases.

Ted

Ted/Bill:

From my recent reading on the Satin Methodology as to pace line selection (back in the day) he was talking about the DRF SR without consideration of variant as to the 80 SR number. During these times the pace lines and/or contenders had to be selected and then entered into the programs so the SR, as a helpful guide in this endeavor seemed logical. But once entered as far as the methodology and the given programs go things like Total Energy (TE) took over in the decision making process. That is the entered pace lines were converted to TE, FPS, and other well known factors.

In today’s world and especially with RDSS we have the advantage of using the Primary/Perceptor and TE calculations for each entry in the particular race to help us in making our basic pace line selection. This in my opinion, considering some basic criteria, is the best way to select the best comparable pace line of last 3 races. After all the RDSS or Sartin Methodology in general is grounded in the computations of TE and Primary/Perceptor factors, etc. to derive its most predictive outputs like BLBL, V/DC, and TPR.

I read somewhere in the FU’s that sometimes you learn more about what you are doing or trying to do when you try to explain it.

Robert
mufasa is offline