|
How Far Back Is Too Far for a Comparable Paceline?
Guys, I’m trying to tighten up one part of my paceline selection.
If a horse’s last 2 or 3 starts are not comparable to today because of surface, distance, class, or race shape, but there is a very strong comparable line 4th or 5th back, how do you handle it?
Do you:
use the older comparable line,
stay within the last 3 even if the races are less comparable,
or treat the older line only as evidence of ability rather than current form?
I got burned recently by reaching back to an older 7f dirt win that made a horse rank #1 on several RDSS screens, but the line may have represented ability more than current condition.
I’m especially interested in how you balance "recency" versus comparability when the older line is clearly the better match for today’s distance/surface.
Curious how you more experienced RDSS peeps draw that line.
__________________
May the HORSE be with you!
- Harvey Pack
|