View Single Post
Old 08-14-2026, 02:35 PM   #5
AwesomeAgain
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: West Melbourne, Florida
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
Hello Folks! I've been in Ontario for nearly 2 weeks, visiting with Mum and family (I moved to British Columbia Vancouver Island 5 years ago). For those who know her, my mother is going strong at 92 years young, though slowing down just a step and hopefully moving soon into some kind of retirement community with all her friends.

This time of August is when we used to head down to Saratoga for the Alabama Stakes (next weekend) and meet up with other Sartinistas and Paceandcappers (and the first time in 2008, we all talked to Doc from Saratoga, including Mum). We talked about all those times, and all of you who we met and enjoyed company and racing with. She reminded me that the last time we went, she ran the table in the final race and hit an Exacta for over $1000, beating even Charlie B (gandalf380) for the leaderboard (which she spent some of treating us all to dinner after). Hopefully some year soon, we'll be able to repeat a gathering like those, though I know that several of you are enjoying Saratoga live everyday!

On my way back home tonight, I'm staying at the new Casino Hotel right trackside at Woodbine Racetrack. I can watch the morning workouts from my hotel room, and I spent a little time this morning snooping around trackside as they're preparing for the big King's Plate race tomorrow. I'll miss that, but will catch a few races lie this afternoon.

It was nice to be in my former neighbourhoods for a while, but it's time to get back home to BC where the mountains are higher, the trees taller and the seas saltier.

A few highlights from the track!

Cheers,


Ted

Attachment 55927

Attachment 55928

Attachment 55929

Attachment 55930

Brian (AwesomeAgain) - I tried to get a photo of Emma Jane Wilson for you, but she was in the jockeys room and they wouldn't let me near her
At least you tried. I still can't believe the size of that turf course. Enjoy your time there.
AwesomeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote