View Single Post
Old 11-20-2025, 02:44 PM   #3
dadams6357
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Downers Grove, Il
Posts: 529
Well no doubt about this ,I face this whenever I bet.
If I am betting an exacta, I would bet both the 5 and 8 to win.
I use the Tandem screen if you have a situation where the 5/8 have raced
against each other go with the one that beats the others.
If your using the Tandem screen pretty much discount stuff that
is to old. What is old...what one thinks it is.
Long layoff check the workout screen.
How does trainer do after long layoffs
On occasion looking at brisnet PP. Sometimes you run
into a Racing style E E/P etc. Where one style
may be winning like 70% of time..well see if they are
in that group of Running styles.
Place go with the 5/8 and the NP horses.
Maybe look at the segment screen go with the most
colors for place (I have seen enough horses that are like 10+
at F1 and win the race...In theses cases look at PP (past performance)
If a horse has been doing nothing but good races then ignore the F1.
especially if it is predominately wins)
Betting Tri I would use the same logic , maybe..for third place throw a
couple more hay burners in for xtra good measure.
This is what I do...sometimes I will hit all the screens...if shove comes
to push. Can always relying on connecting to a higher source.

By the way Dick...Thanks for posting these Case studies.
It helps one think about what
they do when handicapping.
As always appreciate it.

Don
dadams6357 is offline   Reply With Quote