|
The 3 FR Feet Per Second on the Velocity -POH Screen are the foundation for everything Sartin, within the RDSS program, they are computer driven, consistent and make no mistakes in those numbers.
I trust these numbers to the maximum degree and when wrong most likely one has selected a bad line to represent the horse. I'll get into other reasons below. This is a big reason I stress users review the line picked to see if you agree with using Sartin guidelines of; "Using the best race of last 3 at a comparable distance & surface." Where they go wrong is a "comparable distance & surface". I go down the lines in PP's to wherever that takes. If line 9 or 10 so be it. If you accept the automatic line pick of the program expect to lose races. Verifying picked lines doesn't take that long. Program lines may be OK if only making a $ 2 bet or a fun bet but when you start betting serious money and combinations of bets where your $ or extension (increases) its a must. Your brain is smarter for confirming lines then the computer is programed. Going into a race you never want to give up any edge, especially with serious money Your better off doing one race correctly than doing 3 or 4 automatically and losing a winner to to poor ranking or being ranked 5th of your 5 contenders.
I have already talked about; "Inconsistency is the bane of handicappers." and fooling with setting or not using the recommended setting. I talked Ted into reducing the + & - variant setting to align with Sartin teaching and really from what previous setting of accepting any variant and adjusting themselves out of winners. There becomes a point where variants can not be accurately measured no matter how its done. My setting are -15 & +15. BTW on the Original Screen of the horses you can easily see all the variants neatly in one place. This gives you the chance to go back and change a line that's out of the norm Most horses or winners can be gotten with more than one line.
How else do we lose races when everything you did was correct? By playing a race with too many unknown factors. Sartin stated any race with 2 or more unknown factors should be avoided. For example 2 FTS, 2 unproven on todays surface or distance, 2 horses stretching out etc. While there are ways to judge stretch outs and evaluate them, the horse has to still prove it so its an unknown . I have my own criteria I use to evaluate them . Players get so involved with separating contenders they forget to evaluate the race overall for risk due to unknown factors.
Pick 5 good contenders, review pacelines for confirmation, check variants on Original screen, evaluate overall race for risk & Unknown Factors. TRUST the NUMBERS!!! This should get you to 65% win rate betting two horses, Sartin standard for success and or to become a teaching member.
Good handicapping,
Mitch44
Last edited by Mitch44; 05-14-2025 at 10:42 AM.
|