View Single Post
Old 06-25-2024, 02:33 PM   #2
Ted Craven
Grade 1
 
Ted Craven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 9,251
Folks, an update on problems with the SartinMethodology.com/Artofpace.com/Rdss2.com hosting server and my emails -

For more than a week since an unannounced migration of this server by the hosting company Midphase.com (host for more than 15 years) this server has been inaccessible by the outside world, though I can access files on it. Plus my emails routed through this server have been intermittently inaccessible, then rather scrambled in my usual Outlook email program.

Midphase.com server host dropped my initial Urgent Support Tickets last week, then have not responded to re-submitted tickets for a few days now. Their main phone numbers do not go through sometimes and no human responds to tech support issues. Beyond frustrating . IMO, an example of globalization gone wrong (mid-sized US internet business host bought by ever-larger international companies) combined with a poorly planned, poorly announced and poorly supported forced-migration process.

Also, I set up (what I thought was) a temporarily stable alternate email address with Google Gmail (sartin.methodology@gmail.com) but today this was flagged with some undisclosed problem and temporarily suspended, pending my appeal.

To summarize -

1. For any website or RDSS support or admin issues, please correspond with me on ted@artofpace.com (personal email back up is: museful@gmail.com). Please do not use ted@sartinmethodology.com or sartin.methodology@gmail.com

2. Sartin Library items like Follow Ups, Manuals, audios, videos are stored on this server which has the problems, and so these resources are temporarily inaccessible. You'll get an 'Account Suspended' message. It's not YOU who is 'suspended' - it's the server which is 'suspended'. Please be patient and I'll eventually get these resources back online somehow.

3. The RDSS Expiry Date system is also housed on this affected server, so RDSS cannot check the state of your RDSS Subscription. Again, until this is fixed, if you need to, you can update this RDSS Expiry Date yourself by following the instructions in Point #2 in the first post above (open the Config File, modify the Expiry setting to your correct Expiry/Renewal Date).


All the while, this Paceandcap.com website and discussion forum is housed on a separate server with MidPhase - so far no migration, and none planned soon, thus no problems expected (fingers crossed).

It is possible I will have to dump this MidPhase hosting entirely - due to insufficient Support resources when things go wrong (which they do every few years). I do not relish that prospect - it's a lot of work to migrate the entire combination of PaceandCap website and the other back-end stuff to a new hosting company. I would only do it if I knew in advance that the technical Support involved actual humans who would pick up the phone when needed, and that they had sufficient staffing to deal with high-priority problems whenever they occur.

I will continue to do my best to keep everyone posted. Thank you all for your patience and understanding!

Ted
__________________

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™
Ted Craven is offline