View Single Post
Old 10-04-2023, 02:44 PM   #8
Ted Craven
Grade 1

Update 10/4

TwinSpires has obviously made some change to their site such that previously functioning hits for data (Tracks, Ratings, Scratches, Tote Data) no longer work from within RDSS. Though, the same hits from within a browser DO still work fine. It's as if they intended to prevent non-browser access to their data ...

I have consulted several technical sources for assistance but that has not been fruitful so far. I am prepared to spend more time researching and sleuthing solutions myself before giving up and concluding that all those resources are no longer accessibly by RDSS. This will take a little time though.

Meanwhile - all the data is clearly still there, and doesn't require any TwinSpires account or login. Just use the TwinSpires button on the RDSS Desktop and pick the track and race you want. Agreed - the data is so much less accessible than after RDSS processes it . TwinSpires has never promised any support for this kind of access - we were always just respectfully helping ourselves ...

Remember - if you run into 'not responding' or 'stalling' problems in RDSS, just turn OFF TwinSpires access in the Config Screen per the advice further above. Then you'll be back in business, just minus the stuff we've been getting from TwinSpires.

Ted

R
DSS -
Racing Decision Support System™

Last edited by Ted Craven; 10-04-2023 at 05:35 PM.
Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote