View Single Post
Old 07-14-2023, 02:01 PM   #8
Mitch44
Grade 1

57viking, Jim, to answer your question.

I knew the trainer from over 25 years ago, he used to train at NY tracks and was very proficient. He took a job w/ Bright View Fams in NJ not far from where I lived and passed by everyday going to and from work. I thought at the time it was a step down because they didn't have big horses on the National scene. They specialized in State Breds and led the State each year winning a million dollars plus each year.

At the time I was studying trainers to find their whole card for profits. Made some big money with it but the more trainers I accumulated it didn't work out. Too many in a race were making their move and they couldn't be separated. It was then I realized the most important thing was the horse and its ability. I still use some data on trainers but don't collect it and pay more attention to the horse's ability. It's all about the horse, even the best trainers are losing 4 out of 5 races.

Many NY's probably forgot about this guy and SAR gets a lot of tourists, thus the price. He knew what he had. He had stamina workouts and my w/o angle also.

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 07-14-2023 at 02:05 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote