View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 03:27 PM   #10
ranchwest
Grade 1
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,489
Admittedly, I am not a Sartin expert. But maybe I bring fresh eyes. Or maybe I am stupid and don't know it.

In yesterday's 3rd at PID, I had the 6 with the highest E/L and one of the lower TE and TPR ratings based on my line selections. I think the E/L value can sometimes indicate that a horse can exert a lot of energy within some portion of the race. So, I bet the 6 to win. The horse lays off the pace, circles the field near the top of the stretch and draws off to win convincingly. Paid $9.20 after having been 6/1 shortly before post.

My point here is the guidelines are great, but sometimes there is a deeper picture than the basic guidelines reveal. Each race is a puzzle. Sometimes it is a thinking man's game.
ranchwest is offline   Reply With Quote