View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 01:52 PM   #7
Swifty0x0
Grade 3
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 62
Thanks for all the comments.

Lt1: I am left handed, but not known as lefty on this forum, lol (maybe you're psychic).

I agree with all the comments about analysis rather than pure mechanical. I'm still weak in the analysis area, when determining which of the contenders are the best bets.

I was wondering if we could start a thread (or various threads) on analyzing the final contenders to determine which are the best bets? I know a lot of examples are on these forums, but they're buried deep from years ago and hard to search for. It would be a good refresher to keep people sharp, and more organized in their own threads.

One part of that analysis is determining whether the favorite (and/or second favorite) is false/vulnerable. If you can correctly assess that with good consistency it usually leads you to the 3rd or 4th ranked horse as the better bet. I think this also follows with what rdiam posts about having a positive EV (by being able to eliminate a low odds contender). I'm also aware it can be conditional (type of race, surface, past performance cycles, etc.) on how you might determine a false/vulnerable favorite, but even tips related to certain conditions can be helpful.

Would any of you winners care to share your methods of identifying those false/vulnerable favorites? I know it would help me, and I'm sure many others.

Thanks all

Bill K.

Last edited by Swifty0x0; 09-05-2021 at 01:58 PM.
Swifty0x0 is offline   Reply With Quote