View Single Post
Old 08-19-2021, 12:42 PM   #28
Bill Lyster
Grade 1

Location: Escondido CA just 25 minutes from where the turf meets the surf - "...at Del Mar"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Richie is correct about the variant effecting the CSR. The amount of variant or size from a zero base will determine any effect. Obviously the larger the variant the more effect. What tracks you play also has an effect. A track like SA won't have much of an effect because it tends to be very consistent with little variations in weather and variants.

I use 50% adjustment of the variant because I don't use CSR within the program and that is Sartin's recommendation. My view of the CSR is similar to pace line selection in that there are bad lines or bad SR's within the last 3 or 4 races. Even through you can throw out a line, there are situations where 2 or 3 must be discounted and that can't be done within the program. Something on my wish list would be the ability to discount lines, much like Brohamer did for inappropriate information. Either by lining a line out or a check box to do away with the line, naturally also the ability to bring it back. Like a pace line it could be automatic or user adjusted. A wish but I'm not holding my breath and will keep doing my present approach or regular. It works.

The present CSR does an admirable job for instant gratification but precision is rewarded along with attention to detail.

Note variant settings will also effect V/DC and other pace factors.

Mitch44
Yes, this has been a comment I have made ever since I did the original study several years ago. There are times without a top rating that you just know that with your chosen lines, the rank would be higher. Comes with practice.

Thanks Mitch.
Bill Lyster is offline   Reply With Quote