Thread: Pizzolla Video
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 12:18 AM   #9
MJS6916
Grade 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Craven View Post
I skimmed through the sales pitch ........

Pizzolla learned most of what he originally knew from Doc and Jim Bradshaw (and 'borrowed' technical expertise from the late Eric Langjahr). As with most of us, the fine details and application of the Matchup was difficult for him to implement, as he says. But the Fulcrum Pace is a simplified (simplistic?) application of Bradshaw/Sartin Matchup concepts, adapted to software.
IMO, anyone using RDSS is not missing anything related to 'Fulcrum pace' implemented in Pizzolla's various software.

I'm sure Michael Pizzolla is a good teacher and an even better showman and marketer. Better than me, anyway.

Ted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch44 View Post
Bradshaw specifically stated he did not believe in the Fulcrum. That's good enough for me. ......

IMO limiting one's self to one specific area such as pace is the wrong approach and a multi faceted approach is much better and more rewarding. They come in many different forms. Within RDSS are several Factors that will produce good prices such as, V/DC, BLBL, Rx factors, CR and even APV, Match Up and deceleration to name a few. Recognizing a legit longshot and making the bet is a complete other story, most fail to see it until after the fact for which there is no payoff or if they do can't pull the trigger.

Mitch44
I watched the video last night too.
Although, I believe his book HM was an overall good (not great) contribution
to the handicapping public, his "Fulcrum technique" re-explanation will help those who won't get near learning the Match-Up or utilizing RDSS.

For them it's better than nothing; for us it should be like what we learned in pre-school or kindergarten.

I couldn't agree more with you guys.

http://sartinmethodology.com/pubs/RD...d_Glossary.pdf
MJS6916 is offline   Reply With Quote