View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 11:54 AM   #10
Dorianmode
always learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
There are so many misconceptions on horse race handicapping. I believe it is because most handicappers and players are very opinionated. They want to protect their point of view and the way they play the game.

I got a call Thursday from my son who told me that he was talking to a guy Dave. That's what got me thinking about this subject. Dave was a guy I met at the Meadowlands in December of 2010 when I was playing simulcasting from there. Dave and I played together from 12/10 thru 3/12, 16 months.

You must have heard that you cannot make money betting favorites. Well guess what, Dave did just that. He was making money playing strictly favorites. Dave was partners with his father who devised a system to play favorites.

Only certain races were qualified for play and in the races that did qualify for play the favorite had to meet a list of rules to qualify for play. The system produced 57% winners.

Dave had patience and discipline. When he spotted a standout he bet them heavy.
Totally agree. About everything.
I know a group here was working on a way to "validate" favorites ... never heard what happened with that. If anyone has an idea, and tests it, (which is key), then so much the better.
Dorianmode is offline   Reply With Quote