If still confused about
TSF3+, please just re-read my original post above (corrected a couple of times per my subsequent posts):
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=12
Use it or don't use it! Model it or don't - whatever.
Total Energy = F1+F2+F3 = accumulated velocity of the horse (PoH). TSF3+ comprises Total Speed for the race + Fraction 3 for the race +
Total Energy for the Horse. As I said above.
Thus, TSF3+ includes PACE: of the horse, of the 3rd faction of the race according to the pacesetters. Don't want to call it 'pace'? No worries, just chill and call it '
incremental energy disbursement' (like Sartin did).
Is it as complex (and as 'good') a factor as V/DC - no (as I mentioned above). You'll get a lot of co-relations between a lot of these high-level factors.
Don't like seeing it in the PoR section on Rx+ (despite 2 of the 3 components being based on the pacesetters or race winners) - what can I say? I tried to put it in a context of how the horse itself performed (Total Energy) against the Pace of the Race it faced, in the section (PoR) which ranks the strength of the race. As I mentioned in my initial post, it did not arise from throwing darts, but rather from extensive MODELING which revealed some interesting factors using this very sheet.
No one says you HAVE TO use it. Answer for yourself if it is useful.
Thanks for reading.
Ted