View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 02:04 AM   #13
DaveEdwards
Grade 1
 
DaveEdwards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: England
Posts: 500
I think there is a lot to be said for Tim's pen and paper approach. When you manually process data it gives you time to think about things, even subconsciously.
That said, I do use excel myself for record purposes.

If anyone needs a grounding in how to use Excel, there is a really excellent resource to dip into. Go to youtube and search for Excel Is Fun.

A guy has posted thousands of instructional videos. They are easy to follow along with. The problem with something like Excel is that it is such a complex application that can do a multitude of things. Often you are in the position of "not knowing what you don't know" and it is hard to know where to start your search.

An approach I have found useful is searching for your problem in google. You can usually find what you need. After that, check out the Excel Is Fun channel for an instructional video.

I have used it to find things for work etc and always found what I needed.
DaveEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote