When Race Fractions are Missing
Hi Everybody,
My apologies up front if this has already been discussed in another thread. I did try and search for it and came up empty. (If there is a thread out there, please let me know and I understand if you want to delete this thread).
My question is how do you handle a race that are missing race fractions? Some of the smaller tracks never seem to have them. Other tracks have malfunctions or they have to deal with poor viability issues such as fog etc...
Do you use past data as somewhat of a guide and "project" the fractions? I don't like to ignore these races especially for races with younger horses.
What do most people do in these situations? I'm a huge fan of the Sartin Methodology and I've never been able to figure out the best way to handle races with no fractional times.
Thanks,
South Side Rob
|