View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 11:14 AM   #30
Lt1
Grade 1
 
Lt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Valley Stream NY
Posts: 11,463
I've been with the Methodology since 1990 and have used almost every program that was available and none were as user friendly as RDSS. What Bill was doing is a perfect example of the program to get winners without the user doing a lot of handicapping. I myself have done it this way when pressed for time or not in the mood to do my normal routine and have had success doing it. With regards to the RX 1-2-3 screens they are optional if one cares to use them. Otherwise the old reliable BL/BL screen is still there. What Ted has done with the RX3 screen is to provide another excellent contender option. I myself.,and several others, get my contenders from the top 5 profit line and the top 5 Bris prime top 5 horses. The winner is in the mix anywhere from 85 to 90% of the time. Since no one, including the Doc and Jimmy, ever had the winner in the mix 100% of the time I will live with the results I get. As for short price horse well sure that will happen but so will enough double digit winners to make one happy. For example the races I listed in this post the winners were all in the top 4 and paid $11.60,$27.20,$7.40,$10.40,$15.80,$5.60,$13 and $9.00 Now I will grant that there are indeed days that are dominated by $4 and $5 winners. That's just a fact of racing life we must deal with. I once wrote Doc about Aqu inner having nothing but those short price horses and what could one do in that case. Doc published what fellow member Wagercapper was doing which was to play the low price horse as 1 bet then as a 2nd bet play a contender going off at 12-1 or higher dutched accordingly to ensure a profit if the low odds horse won. We must adjust to the situations we encounter. So in closing I would like to thank Ted for continuing to advance the Methodology forward and keeping us ahead of the crowd.
Tim
__________________
Trust but verify
Lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote