View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 04:35 PM   #16
Mitch44
Grade 1

I believe the "Doc" was talking about using POR from results which is what most do. He favored POH actual running times etc. If you use the POR and deduct the winners beaten lengths you get the same result that one obtains using the PP's for an actual race. But BL better be computed by the distance of that segment of the race for accuracy.

This is a snap if the track has Trakus available data as the times are all converted for what each horse actually ran as it hit that beam so BL don't have to be adjusted for or accounted for. This is the best solution and with those actual times its a jumping off point to all ratings which can easily be obtained. TPR , % Med etc. Trakus is free at many tracks or free elsewhere.

I don't keep track profiles but if I only played one track than I would and if Trackus was available for that track its a no brainer and easy conversion. I wouldn't be surprised that DEL Mar has it. If so it can be found on Del Mar's website.

The variant wouldn't change much in Cailf. because the weather is pretty constant. One could obtain many race variants from just one DRF as all those DEL Mar horses will ship back to SA etc. Cailf. variants stay pretty much in a narrow range and a average variant could be used which is why I suppose the "Doc" preferred raw data with no adjustments and later cut adjustments to 50% because too many were over adjusting.

Mitch44

Mitch44

Last edited by Mitch44; 09-20-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Mitch44 is offline   Reply With Quote