View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 08:17 PM   #11
Rivegauche610
AlwNW3X
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: The Confederacy, alas, but temporarily.
Posts: 34
I'm going to go out on a limb and muse that a grant of some kind is in order so that someone (and no, I have no one in mind, as I am new here) can distill 1) the Follow Ups, 2) Brohamer/Quinn/Sartin misc, 3) Recent analysis and program enhancements, into a comprehensive RDSS2 Training Manual. A caveat would have to be that it cannot hope to start "ab initio" with a neophyte and walk him or her through handicapping 101 all the way to Sartin Methodology Advanced. The material would have to assume fluency with Brohamer, Pace Makes the Race (both versions, perhaps; I got a lot from reading both) AND the fundamentals of "mainstream handicapping" that are necessary as background/preparation to understanding what is going on here. I say all this because I have been reading in Follow Ups and I feel there is a cognitive disconnect (for me, anyway) between the older pre-RDSS/RDSS2 information, especially names of the old modules/programs, their printouts and their programming, and the many, many abbreviations, acronyms and assumed knowledge on the part of the reader. So, how marvelous it would be to see a document come out of this. I used to be a technical writer in my younger days, among my other past lives, but I am not yet conversant with the program nor its intricacies nor with advanced Sartin Methodology processes, so I can't offer my services in this area. Perhaps a GoFundMe drive amongst Sartin enthusiasts? Anyway, this all just came to mind while reading through the Sartin Today Wkbk 1.
Rivegauche610 is offline   Reply With Quote