View Single Post
Old 04-18-2016, 01:06 AM   #7
Bill V.
The egg man

Thank You

Thank you Mark and GL45
Mark you nailed it . I saw the 3 and 5 were in my top 5 TPR off the last line
Its the # 1 guideline in Phase 3 ALWAYS rate the last line first .
Once I know the strength of the top horses in TPR I can look for reasons why the last line is not the line.
Here is my Phase 1 step 1 screen using the last line for all 8 horses.

Name:  last lines.PNG
Views: 485
Size:  41.0 KB

Horse 8 is way out front with a 176. Horse 8's line 1 is a + race. Its current and from the GP so its a solid line , I can pretty much see that I need to be near 176 to compete against the 8
Looking at the rest of the top 5. The 3 5 1 and 4 all come from different distances than today's race and the 3 comes from a 5.0 turf sprint.

So for horses 2 6 7 I pretty much can toss them Look at horse 6 and 2,
Enough said about them, But horse 7 has the excuse of running against too high class horses. So I went to line 2, but now look 168 is going to have to really improve to move up to 176.

Now horse 3 is good off the last line but how can he do on a recent comparable pace line? That is why I had no problem going to line 5. Its the line .
Horse 1 and 5 are coming back to 6 furlongs after running to early at 7 furlongs

I went to line 2 for horse 5 cause its a + line ,recent and its closer to today's distance.

For horse 1 I had to go with the last line because it is current, its a plus line
but then they freshened her for 4 weeks I could have gone to line 3
but its not really a + line I give it a (+) because it was up close against 12.5
claimers
If I had use line 3 my bets would be 1 and 3 instead of 3 and 5
so I still got it .

Thank you again Mark

Bill
Bill V. is offline   Reply With Quote