View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 02:28 AM   #5
Latekick
Grade 1

Race 5:
This race got a little more tricky. I ended up using 3 horses.
#4: Top ranked horse at 12/1 coming off of a 3rd place finish against STR ALW horses. Obviously was a keeper, especially at 12/1 in a pick 5. Was moving from the dirt to the downhill, but at 12/1 it was worth the risk for the reward. Keepe.

#5: Heres a horse i eliminated initially and in my notes i have, "Don't bet in race but dont come this far into pick 5 to get beat by 2nd ranked horse".
This horse had shown good speed going long on the dirt, and now was cutting back to a downhill turf course. The early speed this horse had would be diminished and if it wanted to be anywhere near early it would have to use too much energy to stay close. Segments screen confirmed this for me. All this being said, i kept this horse on my ticket, just to save myself some heartbreak if it were to win in the last leg.

#6: A really cool 7 year old horse. I used the line two back. Its last line was a clear toss and although it had won the race i used at THIS SAME level and was running for the same claiming price it had won for, the horse is just an old hard knocker who is right where he needs to be, so why try to face anything different. Ranked 3rd and behind a 2nd ranked horse who i wanted to eliminate, this horse was a clear keeper.
Attached Images

Latekick is offline   Reply With Quote