View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 02:21 PM   #17
lone speed
Grade 1

Another viewpoint- The FIRST CALL MATCH-UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill V. View Post
From a private message question,
and please don't ever consider asking questions anything but welcomed learning for all.

This is in regards to this posted race
http://paceandcap.com/forums/showpos...98&postcount=1
Why would I use a 8 furlong pace line for a 10 furlong race
Doc's guidelines are to use lines within a furlong of today's distance
I used a mile line for both the winner and the place horse
For the 1 I suppose i should have used line 2, but line 2 at 8.5 is also more than 1 furlong short.

For the winner #4 I used the last line Its from 1 mile, Line 2 is from 8.5
so again It still doe not make the guidelines. However l iine 2 to me looks like
a trouble trip. It does not say so in the comments but looking at the position the horse normally runs and its TPR readouts, Line 2 looks just like it just did
not fire, But It has run well at 8.5 in the past.
I stayed with the last line.

Doc offers guidelines not rules
Let's look at Bill V.'s chosen pacelines and the TPR match up

Name:  Snap 2016-03-09 at 10.49.23.png
Views: 422
Size:  18.5 KB

Evaluating the early match-up, we noticed that there are no early horses and that the whole field runs late, which should be no surprise; as these are all turf runners.

We can quickly eliminate #2 Shyshe and #6 Cornish. We can eliminate Shyshe because if she runs early as does #4 Agustina; but if you match just these two with only TPR numbers, we can see that #4 Agustina has a better late kick than #2 Shyshe. #6 Cornish has the lowest CPR total of 181.0.

Now with the remaining four contenders; most Sartin programs will have #1 Artistic and #3 Moon Over and #4 Agustina in that particular order. Now some will "wagercap" or there are others who will take the best value; or those who will hide the favorite.....

But can we evaluate this match-up better? More "optimal"?????

Let's look at this match-up with Bill V.'s chosen pacelines in one of Doc Sartin program but it should be readily available in most programs including RDSS.

Name:  Snap 2016-03-09 at 10.09.12.png
Views: 430
Size:  14.9 KB

Let's focus on the F1 or First Call matchup in this race and let's evaluate what we can discern or to detect a match-up advantage in this race.

We can see that #4 Augustina has a HUGE early 1st Call advantage over this field. Her advantage at the first call is almost +0.70 energy points over her nearest rival. If she can conserve energy in the early pace of this match-up; #4 Augustina will have more energy for the rest of the race. #4 Augustina will be able to run faster than the 102.3 LPR from her last paceline.

Name:  Snap 2016-03-09 at 10.05.18.png
Views: 422
Size:  10.1 KB
In the seminars that I had attended with Doc Sartin and the expert users of Energy like Glen Connolly; Glen the "General from Maryland" talked about the 100's horses who dominated the early match- up readouts. They are dangerous if left alone on the early pace. Especially if they have two 100's on the match-up screens. F1 and F2 columns These horses are usually ranked third or fourth on V/DC or B/L screens nowadays in updated programs.

This is just my humble opinion and from my own experiences with the Sartin Methodology.

Last edited by lone speed; 03-09-2016 at 02:40 PM. Reason: grammer..
lone speed is offline   Reply With Quote