View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
GeorgeC5614
Grade 3

Monmouth Race 3 8/21/2015

Hi Everybody,

It's been a while since I have been able to get on the board, but I should be back now. I was looking over today's races and had real trouble with this race a 1 mile on the dirt, and I would be interested in your thoughts. MonmouthR382115.pdf

The FPLR at this track and distance was a tandem with the 1, 2, and 8 that the 2 won easily so I have tossed the 1 and 8. The 3 and the 4 both won sprint races last time out with faster split times. The 6 the last time she ran on dirt was a 7 furlong race where the half mile and 6 furlong time were comparable to the 2 and 3. The 5 and 7 have not really shown anything.

I am having a hard time deciding on what to pace to compare the horses with. Right now I am leaning toward 46 1:11.3. I am thinking the 2 and 3 would kill each other off leaving it down to the 4 and 6. The 4 won from 3rd last time out against a bit faster pace, and the 6 in her last dirt race fought through the 1/4 and 1/2 mile calls in a similar time. I am leaning toward the 6 due to the fighting.

Thanks
George