Quote:
Originally Posted by raceman5
am not really much of a writer guys. As far as the 6 horse i figured being these are cheap horses that the 2-3-4 would go out and do battle. The 6 horse can win off fractions of 23.1-46.3-113 and 23.4-47-112 alot of horses in the race don't even have a winning race showing. Plus the 6 was dropping to where he belonged. I usually don't pay attention to class unless it is a G-1 or G-2 race but what i am finding is there is alot of trainer minipulation in NW2L NW3L and these races of 1y and 2y. I retired 6 mths ago and spent the first 3 mths reading and digesting Jim Bradshaw's Matchup 8 mth update until it became part of me. I read this board every day and too many of you are worried about building models, track bias, track adjustments. Everytime i read this stuff i think Jim must be turning over in his grave. When i print the bris condensed pp's there is no E1-E2-LP or speed rating showing. No trainer stats, odds last race, wt or jock. Just give me the pace lines and let me go to work. I tried software and Ted was even nice enough to let me take the software for a test run. Bottom line guys is i cannot handicap off a computer i am old school i need that hard copy in my hands. I would recomend reading Jim's 8 mth update until it becomes automatic that when u open the pp's your eyes go left to the first call. And Richie a big shout out to you who put your hard work into teaching the Hats stuff.
Bob
|
Bob, with all that being said I think it would be great to read your thought process when handicapping our Match up races. This way we can see it from the purest from, without all the other handicapping angles we as a group sometimes use (me included) in our final selection process.
I know myself I try and matching using Jim Bradshaw’s 5 step method and remembering what he said:
Horses will rarely be influenced by the trainer, jockey, or the track. In isolated cases these three components may decide the outcome of the race. If you insist on relying on these elements, it is impossible to learn the Match Up.
For me this is still a work in process!
Thanks, Mike