Go Back   Pace and Cap - Sartin Methodology & The Match Up > Search Forums
Get RDSS
Google Site Search Get RDSS Sartin Library RDSS FAQs Conduct Register Site FAQ Members List Today's Posts

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: traynor
Forum: General Discussion 04-20-2006, 03:58 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 8,332
Posted By traynor
intruders

As a developer, I understand how easy it is to duplicate the work of others, and how frustrating that can be. The example of bootstrapping is an algorithm that reverse-engineers decisions to extract...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 03-23-2006, 02:41 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 28,539
Posted By traynor
developer

RichieP wrote: No I am not the developer of RDSS. Read the post carefully.

I assume that when someone is privy to details of an upcoming app, they are involved in some way, directly or...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 03-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 28,539
Posted By traynor
street guy linguistics

After posting a comment about expertise, I ran across this on PA:

<My favorite is one that I am currently involved in initial testing on.

It is called Racing Decision Support System or...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 03-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 28,539
Posted By traynor
levels of knowledge

My suggestions are both easy reads--"Decision Traps" is a small paperback written like a pop "self-help" book. Tversky's varous writings are only important for the first few pages (typical of...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 03-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 28,539
Posted By traynor
small numbers

RichieP wrote: <I totally believe in short term data. Not into this long term stuff. Means nothing to me.>

A suggestion: Do a search on Google or Google Scholar for Tversky and Law of Small...
Forum: Selections 03-22-2006, 12:12 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 5,453
Posted By traynor
Free Selections March 22

March 21 Results (6 Races)
#8 San Tan Chev won at BM at $3.40

Current Status +$19.00 (model)
Actual Return $271.40 - 230 = +$41.40

March 22 Selections [15 bets]
Birmingham - Matinee
Race...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 03-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 7,086
Posted By traynor
breakage

Another consideration in the breakage area is that the illustration given for greyhounds is not the model itself--it is an illustration of how we create models. SImilarly, the [12.00] truncating...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 03-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 7,086
Posted By traynor
breakage

Breakage is not a consideration, because we only use real world odds, rather than morning lines or projected odds. There is never a conflict, because what you get at the mutuel window is what you...
Forum: Selections 03-21-2006, 01:26 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 3,677
Posted By traynor
Free Selections March 21

Current Status +$27.60 (model)
Actual Return $268.00 - 218 = +$50.00

March 21 Selections
Bluffs Run - Matinee
Race 5 - #5 Thisbee's Gotyou
Race 7 - #5 B's Knott Head
Race 12 - #4 Hilan...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 03-21-2006, 01:24 AM
Replies: 18
Views: 6,353
Posted By traynor
trip handicapping

socantra wrote: <It's also extremely hard to transfer the skill by words alone. I don't think I've ever known anyone who became proficient at body language out of a book. It's a style that almost...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 03-21-2006, 01:13 AM
Replies: 19
Views: 13,452
Posted By traynor
Big Winners

RichieP wrote: <2) Complete preperation the night before of paceline selection and advance identifying of potential betting opportunities. BATTLE PLAN if you will.>

Look at this point again. There...
Forum: Previous 'Handicapping Discussion' Forum 03-21-2006, 01:05 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 7,086
Posted By traynor
Detailed recordkeeping

Example of detailed recordkeeping. All selections are one per race, all wagers are flat bets to win, with the exception of races indicated (all of which, by the way, lost!). It would be easy to make...
Forum: Selections 03-15-2006, 02:55 AM
Replies: 0
Views: 4,710
Posted By traynor
Free Selections March 15

Don't laugh. I managed to keep alive while I was learning to handicap thoroughbreds by mechanically betting greyhound and harness models. Now I bet all three, with little preference. The processes...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

 
Forum Jump

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:00 AM.